Tuesday, December 30, 2008

With so many changes taking place, why does it feel like the world is standing still?!

Up until Christmas day, this last month was jam packed with activities and working on home-made gifts; for the last week though, it feels like the days have been crawling by at a snail’s pace. I think it’s the downside to the month of December being so chocked full of things to do, places to go, and people to see. It seems like I should be happy to have things finally slowed down but instead it feels almost frustrating because I’m still in some sort of go-go-go state but with nowhere to go. Ugh!

We have a high in the upper 40’s today which makes being outside for awhile, with the arthritis, more manageable as far as pain, so I’m thinking of taking a walk and seeing if I can burn off some of this energy.

Last week I bought myself an inexpensive pretty pink “mother” charm bracelet as both a reminder of my hopes and dreams and to hopefully help in keeping a strong faith that I am able to be a great mom to a child who is in real need of one. I’ve struggled a few times with becoming focused on faults in myself and having to remind myself of AdoptUSKids slogan that “you don’t have to be perfect to be a perfect parent.” I also love Precious Moments and found a PM blanket at Real Deal (in the mall) and bought it for her bed. It was a mix of emotions this Christmas thinking that next year I’ll hopefully be sharing all of these holiday activities with my own child :)

It’s only nine more days before the PRIDE Orientation meeting! Yesss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment